Home Match San Francisco is a joint program of Northern California Presbyterian Homes & Service and Episcopal Senior Communities. The program is a project funded by the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development. Our mission is to expand housing opportunities to low and moderate income people who live, work, or attend school in San Francisco by maximizing existing housing stock. We provide a platform, tools, and support to connect homeowners and home seekers.
- Our service is free of charge to anyone who qualifies for the program.
- We provide interviews, applications, background screening, and assist with the housing agreement for all parties involved; mediation and referral services are available as needed.
- Parties are matched based on compatible living styles and have an opportunity to describe their ideal home arrangement, personal characteristics, and other factors regarding living with another person.
- Parties meet and decide if they are a good fit for each other.
- Homeowners will have an additional source of income and companionship. Both parties can agree to an exchange of services for reduced rent.
Eligibility for Home Seeker
- You are 18+ years old and live, work, or attend school in San Francisco.
- Your gross income does not exceed 90% of area median income ($72,650/year for household size of one person).
- You can provide proof of identification, income verification, and a list of personal references.
- You are willing to complete an intake application, pass a background check, and sign and follow a housing agreement with the homeowner.
Eligibility for Homeowners
- You can provide proof of property ownership and you reside in the home.
- You can provide staff a tour of the property during the interview process.
- You can provide proof of identification and a list of personal references.
- You are willing to complete an intake application, pass a background check, and sign and follow a housing agreement with the home seeker.
Our full, comprehensive website is currently under construction, but please give us a call or drop us an email at the number and address listed below to get further information and/or set up an appointment.THANK YOU!
Phone: 415-351-1000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
881 Turk Street San Francisco, CA 94102